What is Post Prom?
Post Prom is an alcohol-free and drug-free party that helps keep our students safe after the Prom. It is a fun-filled night of entertainment featuring lots of great games, activities, food and prizes. It is open to all juniors and seniors. Students DO NOT have to attend the Prom to come to Post Prom. Juniors and seniors may bring their Prom dates.
It is NOT a lock in. Students may leave when they are ready; however, they are not permitted to return. The longer they stay, the more and bigger prizes they can win!
Watch the slide show above from DHS Post Prom 2018 and see how much our students enjoyed the event!!
Want to support DHS's Post Prom? Make your tax deductible donation to Post Prom by visiting our Square Market
Why Have an After Prom Event?
- To reduce the risk that students would have access to or use alcohol or other drugs.
- To reduce alcohol or other drug-related traffic deaths.
- To extend the prom experience.
- To discourage alternative parties in hotels or at homes.
- To extend the "together" experience before seniors leave for college or the workplace.
- To enhance a sense of community or connections for parents and youth.
- To parents who dedicate untold hours of time, energy and money organizing the event, it means working hard to protect the ones they love the most.
- To teachers and school staff, it means a positive victory in their struggle against an invincible enemy.
- To members of the business community, saying "Yes" means supporting the effort that can not only change lives, but save lives of the next generation.
Who Can Attend?
The event is open to juniors and seniors of Damascus High School and their dates. They do not have to attend the Prom in order to attend Post Prom.
Students are welcome to stay for all or just part of the night. The longer students stay, the more and bigger prizes they can win!
When Will Post Prom Be Held?
The 2019 Post Prom will be May 17-18.
Where Will Post Prom Be Held?
Post prom will be held at the Damascus Volunteer Fire Department Activities Center on Lewis Drive with lots of games, activities, food, dancing, prizes and so much more!
How Can Parents Help?
Parents can help by encouraging their children to attend Post Prom. They can also help by making a tax deductible donation, which can be made online by visiting the PTSA's Square Market. Checks are also accepted and can be made payable to DHS PTSA. Please write “Post Prom” in the memo section and mail or bring check to school.
Parents are also encouraged to volunteer in the planning and fundraising for this great event for students. If you own a business, consider donating your goods or services, or making a monetary donation.
If you have fundraising ideas, please email email@example.com
Who Can I Contact For More Information?
Students and parents can email firstname.lastname@example.org