Sign up now to receive our eNewsletter by emailing JoanneAellen@gmail.com
Newsletter from December 5, 2019:
MCPS 2020-21 School Calendar Set
The Montgomery County School Board unanimously approved the 2020-21 School Calendar. Class will begin Aug 31, 2020 and end June 16, 2021. Labor Day is Sept 7, 2020. The full calendar and explanation is attached. A few highlights from their report:
- Schools will be open Inauguration Day (Jan 20, 2021)
- There is a noninstructional days on Sept 28 to coincide with Rosh Hashanah
- There are two professional development and make-up days on Feb 12, 2021 and May 13, 2021 to coincide with the Lunar New Year and Eid al-Fitr
- There is a noninstructional day scheduled at the end of each quarter for planning and grading
- There are seven early release days scheduled, including one in each semester to coincide with interims and two scheduled on Nov 11 and 12 (for teacher conferences)
- Spring Break 2021 will be ten days - from Mar 27 to Apr 5, 2021
December Holiday Staff Appreciation Feast
We are planning a Holiday Feast to show appreciation for our staff on Dec 18th. Chef and his students will be assisting us in cooking the meal for our wonderful DHS teachers and staff and we will also be raffling out gift cards to teachers, staff members, and administrators. There are many ways you can help:
- Purchase an item listed in the signup and drop off at school on 12/16, since we will be prepping on 12/17.
- Send a money donation or gift cards to local super markets to Monique Sotomarino and we will purchase the items for you. Super easy and you don't have to leave your house! Please send on or before 12/15.
- Send a gift card for raffle to the school office - attn Monique Sotomarino Staff Appreciation (Our goal is to collect as many gift cards as possible - we have 150 staff members at DHS - any amount is appreciated!
- Email Monique Sotomarino (DHSptsaprogramas@gmail.com) to make arrangements to drop off at her house in Laytonsville if you don’t have time to drop off at the school.
HoneyBaked Ham Sale
Thank you to everyone who participated in our HoneyBaked Ham Thanksgiving Sale! We hope you had a delicious meal! We are now taking orders (through Dec 17) for our Winter Holiday Sale. Pick up will be Dec 20th outside the DHS Cafeteria between 5 pm and 7 pm.
To order go to: https://epp.honeybaked.com/ 2205/epp/index.asp?ref= 319730848:523158382 Code: NJYWQA
NEW Raffle: A raffle for a free 8lb Easter Half Ham will take place. For every item purchased through our fundraiser webpage during the Winter Holiday period you will be entered into a raffle to win an Easter ham. After this sale HoneyBaked will randomly select the winning item/purchaser and that person will be entitled to a free ham during the Easter holiday period.
Post Prom is Gearing Up and Needs Volunteers
We are making plans to hold this year's Post Prom at the Marriott Rio (where the Prom will be held) to entice more students to attend. At this point we need more volunteers to help us though or we will not be able to pull it all together. You do not have to take on a leading role; we really just need to have some more people to split up the work. Please help us organize a Post Prom - we would hate to have to cancel it! Please contact Monique at firstname.lastname@example.org to let her know you are willing to help.
Connect With and Support DHS PTSA Everyday
- Website: http://dhsptsa.weebly.com/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DamascusHighSchoolPTSA/
- Twitter: @DHSPTSA
- Amazon Associates: Using the link on our website's fundraising page (https://dhsptsa.weebly.com/fundraising.html) , you will enter Amazon via Amazon Associates (it won't look any different on Amazon, but it does connect to our account). Amazon Associates is one additional step then Amazon Smile, but it gives us a higher %.
- Amazon Smile: Search for and select "Damascus High School" in Amazon Smile to be able to support our PTSA with every purchase you make: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/chpf/homepage/ref=smi_se_scyc_srch_stsr?q=Damascus+PTSA&orig=%2F&ie=UTF-8
* Accessibility Assistance: Contact DHS PTSA Webmaster at JoanneAellen@gmail.com for assistance accessing PDF materials. for assistance accessing PDF materials.